level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
Thematic vocabulary EFL resource
Expand your vocabulary - a thematic crossword for students of English
as a foreign language, or
English as a second language. All the answers have something to do with
5. Original inhabitant of North America.
6. Riding competition for cowboys.
8. George Bush and Ronald Reagan both belonged to this party.
10. Time zone in Washington (initials).
11. The parliament of the United States
13. Biggest port in the USA.
14. Historic scandal that brought down President Richard Nixon.
18. Historic capital of the US automobile industry.
19. A hundred of these make one dollar.
20. They share the flag with a lot of stars.
1. Big international organisation with its HQ in NY.
2. Possibly America's favourite food.
3. In Britain, they'd be called lorries.
6. Music most popular with rural white Americans.
7. A classic type of American restaurant.
8. A little one is the capital of Arkansas.
9. Headquarters of the US Department of Defense
12. Texas has just one of them on its flag.
15. Adjective describing Superior, Huron or Erie.
16. Slang term for a dollar
17. Major American weekly newsmagazine.
20. All across America - from coast ..... coast
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical
, and more
This document, text & photo, is copyright ©
It is free
to use and print
for individual use, or for use by
teachers with their
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)