level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
Everyone needs money; it's very difficult to do without it. And money
is something we all use every day. Financial vocabulary is not just for
financiers and economists; it's for you – students, tourists,
employers and employees. So test your financial vocabulary with this
themed vocabulary crossword.
1. The name of the British currency.
3. Direction in which prices always seem to go.
9 Act to reduce the international value
of a currency .
10. Verification of a company's accounts.
12. A negative balance of money
13. Take action.
16. A man (or woman) who works in a bank.
19. Money which is lent.
21. Twenty-four hours.
22. Bandits may want to ______ a bank.
23. American word for banknotes
2. List of prices.
3. If you are "in the _____ " you have a negative
amount of money in your bank account..
4. Money placed in order to earn interest.
5. A valuable metal .
6. Money that you can use though you may not actually have it.
8. Unit of British currency.
11. The national "___________" : the financial system of a country, and its operation.
15. It carries a portrait of George Washington.
16. A type of financial holding - but nothing to do
17. Street in which the US stock exchange is situated.
18. Money charged by lawyers or other professionals, for
service or advice.
This document is copyright © Linguapress 2015.
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
It may be printed for individual use, or for use by teachers with their
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)