level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
A thematic crossword for students of English as a foreign language, or
English as a second language.
Most of the answers to the crossword have something to do with travel
and holidays or vacation..
1. The train stops here
5. The people who work on a ship, or on a
7. To invalidate; stop a booking or a
10. You can cross the Channel by ferry .....
through the tunnel.
13. A booking, a guaranteed place.
16. Section of a journey.
19. Person travelling on holiday.
24. Opposite of “finish”.
25. Your destination must be .............. on
your booking form.
26. Entrance hall, or foyer.
He sells holidays.
3. You need them before you take the
plane or train.
4. To be the proprietor of.
5. This train is going to Edinburgh, ............... at
York and Newcastle.
6. While you’re on holiday, others are at
8. A flight that is not on a regular service, but has maybe been hired
by a tour operator.
Perhaps you do this differently on holiday, specially if you travel
12. We’re going ....... the Costa Brava.
14. Visitors who are staying in your house, maybe.
17. A place where tourists often spend the
18. Use soap and water.
20. I’m going to ............. with my grandparents for a
fortnight this summer.
21. A nice pale bronze colour on your skin.
23. Opposite of night.
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical
, and more
This document, text & photo, is copyright ©
It is free
to use and print
for individual use, or for use by
teachers with their
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)