level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
CROSSWORD - 2
We all need to go to see a doctor from time to time. Sometimes we may
need extensive treatment; sometimes things happen when we are not
expecting them, when we are on holiday, for instance. A bit of medical
vocabulary can often be of use. Here is a second thematic
English crossword for students of English as
foreign language, or
English as a second language.
1. I’m feeling as ill .... can be!
3. Places where people undergo long medical treatment.
8. Something which makes you go to sleep.
10. What they do to people with very contagious diseases.
12. The people who help doctors with some medical work.
14. A lady who supervises wards or departments in 3 across.
16. If you are this, you don’t need to see a doctor.
17. Small piece of paper with information.
18. Long lasting, or very severe (referring to an illness).
20. Take temperature with it.
2. Visible marks after a wound has healed.
4. It is usually performed by a surgeon.
5. See cartoon opposite or below
6. Where a surgeon cuts people up!
9. Oily substance put on the skin. Anagram of mintnote
11. You may need a doctor’s prescription to get it.
13. To hold a cut shut, with needle and cotton, after a
surgeon has opened a person up!
15. Fluid used in inoculations, vaccinations, perfusions, etc.
Anagram of rumes
19. Short for Doctor.
This document is copyright © Linguapress 2015.
Teachers may reproduce this document solely for use with their classes.
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)