English word games - intermediate level
ANATOMY & BODY
Themed vocabulary crossword -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English . Expand your vocabulary by finding the answers for this crossword. All the answers have something to do with the subject of anatomy and the human body.
If you can finish this crossword without any help, you're doing very well; but there are probably words you don't know. From the clues, think of the word in your own language, then look for (and learn !) an English translation that will fit in the crossword puzzle. Clues below.
Linguapress.com intermediate crossword
CLUES ACROSS1. It's just below the nose.
2. Bones that protect your heart, etc.
6. It's at the top of your arm.
7. You have eyes ____ you can see.
8. If you can't see well, ____ and see an optician.
10. I'm feeling as fit _____ a fiddle.
11. Point where two bones meet.
12. Front of your body, between your shoulders.
15. The areas from which your teeth grow.
16. Where your foot joins your leg.
17. The back parts of your feet.
CLUES DOWN1. You breathe with them.
3. Most of the words in this crossword are part of one.
4. The top sections of your legs.
5. Where your hand joins your arm
9. A very useful part of your mouth.
10. A human being is one... so is a cat.
13. You can hold things in it.
14. Little extension at the front end of your foot
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here to check out the solution to this puzzle.