English word games - intermediate level
HOUSE & HOME
Themed vocabulary crossword -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English as a foreign language (EFL), or English as a second language (ESL). Most of the words in this crossword have something to do with HOUSES.
1. Most people sleep in them..
3. When it is _________, turn on the light.
5. Close them at night, so that people can't see into your house from outside.
6. It is produced by a fire or by a radiator.
9. Piece of furniture, often in the kitchen, in which one keeps food, plates
11. Comfortable seat for two or three.
12. The very top level of a house.
13. This keeps a house dry when it rains14. Small tables at which people work
1. Lie in it to get clean.
2. You can see through windows even if they are _________.
3. Things in which people usually keep clothes, knives and forks, and other small items.
4. When visitors arrive, they may ______ the doorbell.
5. Soft covering on the floor.
7. Shelter often outside the front door of a house
8. Go up them if you want to reach the upper floor of a house .
9. Something on which you sit.
10. Go through them, to enter rooms.
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine.
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here to check out the solution to this puzzle.