level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
ENGLISH crossword - 1
A thematic crossword for students of English as a foreign language, or
English as a second language.
Most of the answers to the crossword have something to do with the
world of business and commerce.
1. Boss, man in charge of a company.
5. Something a businessman may take, and
7. Trade, buying and selling things
10. "...... well" means "be successful".
13. Reserve of unused or unsold goods.
14. Very bad period of recession for
industry and trade.
15. A written agreement.
17. Opposite of "closes".
20. Labour organisations in industry.
21. Neither ... / ...
22. To manage, to organise.
23. To come together in the same place.
24. Man to whom a family business is
Abbreviation often found after the name of an American
3. Part of a building.
4. Essential equipment in most firms
5. Selling to the general public;
opposite of "wholesale".
6. Man who sells.
Opposite of poor.
10 . A reduction in the usual price.
11. A share.
12. To repeat something, usually in
written form, in order to be certain.
14. Reserves (different word from 13
16. Something of positive value.
18. To make money.
19. Do this to a letter, to make sure it
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!) Or try another business English
© linguapress.com. Copying to any other website is
not permitted. Teachers wishing to make this resource available to
students are welcome to link directly to this page.
Reproduction is authorised exclusively for personal use by students, or
for use by teachers with their classes. Multi-copying
of this resource is permitted for classroom use. In
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss