level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
The answers to this crossword have something to do with sport, and in particular with the Olympic games..
2. System of pre-selection to choose athletes for some sports
7. The Olympic Games are shown ________ on TV all round the world.
8. They get gold.
10. Initials of a country that was for a long time banned from
the Olympics because of its apartheid.
11. Place where certain athletics events, like one kind of polo, take place
15. Olympic athletes often try to break them..
18. The 100m is one, so is a marathon
19. You need this if you want to buy tickets.
20. The twenty-third man on a football pitch.
24. Type of footwear worn by some competitors at the winter
26. This cross-country motorbike sport is not part of the
1. Instrument used in archery.
2. One Olympic variety of this sport is played on a table.
3. Surface on which one form of hockey is played.
4. A city in California where the 23rd Olympiad took place .
5. The Olympic torch is always _____ at Mount Olympus in
6. Something that Olympic athletes dream of winning.
7. To walk unevenly because of an injury.
10. Nowadays tickets for Olympic events are ______ online..
11. A sport practised at the Winter Olympic Games
12. Competition between two people or two teams.
14. Circuit on which athletes run.
16. The number of people in a "single" kayak
21. Number of years between summer Olympiads.
22. A sprinter _______ very fast.
23. Where footballers try to put the ball.
25. Morning time.
This document is copyright © Linguapress 2015.
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
It may be printed for individual use, or for use by teachers with their
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)