level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
Nature and the natural
world - thematic vocabulary EFL resource
Expand your vocabulary - a thematic crossword for students of English
as a foreign language, or
English as a second language
1. Very dry, like a desert.
.... It is
disappearing from the
5. It sometimes falls as flakes in winter.
7. Large expanses of fresh water.
8. Whirlwinds, twisters.
9. Cinders, or a type of tree.
11. Rapidly rotating atmospheric systems.
13. Freshwater fish that is often eaten.
15. Animal or insect that causes damage.
17. Large animal associated with Father Christmas.
18. 0.405 of a hectare.
20. Scottish equivalent of 7 across.
21. Plant grown for human use or consumption.
1. Area around the North Pole.
2. Night birds, with large eyes.
3. Large European hardwood tree.
4. Direction from which the sun rises.
5. There are four of these each year.
6. Rough paths, routes followed by animals.
Short period of rain.
12. Small rocks.
14. A root vegetable, usually white
15. A type of fruit; its tree has pink
16. Band of sand beside the sea.
19. Large animal, not too different from
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical
, and more
This document, text & photo, is copyright ©
It is free
to use and print
for individual use, or for use by
teachers with their
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)