level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
MEDICAL CROSSWORD - 2
Everyone needs to know some medical English; not just medical
students and health workers, but everyone. Anyone can find themselves
in hospital one day !
Here is a thematic medical English crossword for students of English as a
foreign language, or
English as a second language. Most of the answers to the crossword have
something to do with the
world of medicine and hospitals.
1. I’m feeling as ill .... can be!
3. Place where people undergo long medical treatment.
8. Something which makes you go to sleep.
10. What they do to people with very contagious diseases.
12. The people who help doctors with some medical work.
14. The lady in charge of these ladies in 3 across.
16. If you are this, you don’t need to see a doctor.
17. Small piece of paper with information.
18. Long lasting, or very severe (referring to an illness).
20. Take temperature with it.
2. Visible marks after a wound has healed.
4. It is usually performed by a surgeon.
6. Where a surgeon cuts people up!
9. Oily substance put on the skin.
11. You may need a doctor’s prescription to get it.
|13. To hold a cut shut, with needle and cotton, after a
surgeon has opened a person up!
15. Fluid used in inoculations, vaccinations, perfusions,
19. Short for Doctor.
This document is copyright © Linguapress 1998 - 2012.
Teachers may reproduce this document solely for use with their classes.
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)