English word games - intermediate level
Themed vocabulary crossword puzzle -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English as a foreign language (EFL), or English as a second language (ESL). Most of the words in this crossword have something to do with the theme of travel.
1. A plan of the land or of your route.
6. You ___ from one place to another.
7. A company that operates aeroplanes.
8. Obstructions on the highway, usually for repairs or improvements.
11. It goes round and round as you travel.
12. How many seats are there in the front of a normal car ?
14. Before you travel, you say good____ .
16. Someone who works on a ship.
17. Country in southern Europe which is a popular travel destination.
18. Travel across this by ship.
1. Large divided highway (US) or dual-carriageway (GB) : a word used in British English.
2. You need these if you travel by kayak or canoe
3. Country code for the country whose capital is Athens.
4. You'll need to buy one before you take the plane or the train.
5. Most large passenger aircraft are ____ planes.
9. Most vehicle or aircraft fuel is made from this.
10. A heavy goods vehicle in Britain; in the USA it's called a truck
13. If you're late at the airport, you may _______ your flight.
14. Public transport in most cities.
15. Estimated Time of Arrival.
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine.
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here to check out the solution to this puzzle.