English word games - intermediate level
EFL / ESL - level B1 - B2
Intermediate English word games
Index of intermediate English language learners word gamesThis list does not include Linguapress Intermediate English themed crossword puzzles.
► For crosswords, jump to the Crossword puzzle index
Interactive word games can be done on a computer or smartphone. All word games are suitable for printing.
- Word ladders & musical anagrams - interactive
- Missing words, mixed expressions and more - interactive
- Intermediate word games 3. Three more intermediate word games - interactive
- Spot the differences game - A game for using vocabulary
- NEW - Find the words. How many words can you find in.... ?
- NEW Round the square. Find the buildings in this word square.
- Rhyming pairs - pair words according to their sound -
- Similes with as - a scrambled similes game - interactive
- Animal idioms- Which animal or bird for which idiom? - interactive
- Country proverbs - Match the proverbs with the meanings - interactive
- Colourful idioms - Which colour for which idiom?
- Food and drink idioms - Find the right product for each idiom - interactive
- Head and face idioms - Match the parts to the expression
- Easy word games page 183 (printable pdf page)
- Easy word games no 184 (printable pdf page)
- Easy word games no 185 (printable pdf page)
- Easy word games no 193 (printable pdf page)
- Easy word games no 211 (printable pdf page)
- Christmas word games no 212 (printable pdf page)
- Easy word games no 214 (printable pdf page)
Copyright information.Free to view, free to use, free to print, but not free to copy.
All word games and puzzles on Linguapress.com are © copyright Linguapress
Teachers are free to reproduce these resources on paper for use with their classes, and students are free to print out personal copies of materials from Linguapress.com.
However reproduction of pages from Linguapress.com on any other publicly accessible website is strictly forbidden – and pointless. Teachers : link directly to the page on Linguapress.com instead
In countries where educational copying statistics are recorded for a national copyright agency, printed copies should be attributed to "Linguapress" as source.
© copyright Linguapress renewed 2020