English word games - advanced level
Advanced level EFL/ESL: word games and crosswords
Thematic vocabulary puzzle
Expand your vocabulary - a thematic crossword for students of English as a foreign language, or English as a second language. All the answers have something to do with the USA.
Interactive crossword - can be filled in on screen. Clues below. Put in just one letter per square.
CLUES ACROSS5. Also known as a Native American.
6. The sport of the Wild West.
8. Major American party supporting Donald Trump.
10. The time zone for New York (initials).11. The two houses of the American parliament.
13. The Big Apple..
14. Scandal that unseated President Nixon.18. Capital of the American automobile industry.
19. A hundred of them in a "buck".
21. The US flag has stars and ......
1. Big international organisation with its HQ in NY.
2. Possibly America's favourite food.
3. In Britain, they'd be called lorries.
4. Music most popular with rural white Americans.
7. A classic type of American restaurant.
8. A little one is the capital of Arkansas.
9. Headquarters of the US Department of Defense
12. Texas has just one of them on its flag.
15. Adjective describing Superior, Huron or Erie.
16. Slang term for a dollar
17. Major American weekly newsmagazine.
20. All across America - from coast ..... coast
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical crossword, Travel crossword , Food crossword and more
This document, text & photo, is copyright © Linguapress.com renewed 2020.
It is free to use and print for individual use, or for use by teachers with their classes.
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for distribution.
In schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss France" as the publisher.
Click here for the solution (but do the puzzle first!)