English word games - advanced level
House and home CROSSWORD
House and home - thematic vocabulary EFL resource
Expand your vocabulary - a thematic crossword for students of English as a foreign language, or English as a second language. You should know much, but not all, of the vocabulary required for this crossword, so you may need to use a dictionary. Clues below.
Interactive crossword - can be filled in on screen. Put in just one letter per square.
To save your result take a screenshot
1. To change houses, go to a new house.
3. Use one to open locked doors.
6. Soft seat for two or three.
8. Type of fuel used in central heating.
9. Big wooden box.
10. Kitchen wash basin.
12. To erect a house.
14. House, or district, that is in very bad condition. one.
16. Covering that keeps out the rain.
19. Container hidden in the word KITCHEN.
20. Use it, but usually them, to go up.
21. It's time to .... the washing up.
22. Small but important room in a British house: in the USA it's called a restroom.
23. Hot and heavy, used on clothes.
26. Like doors, but outdoors. Or America's richest man?.
27. Small shelter at the entrance to a house.
28. Part of a house where the attic is found.
29. At the start of 22.
CLUES DOWN1. Small insect that eats clothes.
2. A .................. cleaner sucks up dust.
4. What one does in a dining room.
5. Decorate a house, but without wallpaper.
7. Ring it on arrival.
10. Place where stores are kept.
11. Housing zone or private park.
13. Pipes for waste water.
15. Plastic floor covering.
17. Another type of fuel used in central heating.
18. Where you live; it's more than just a house.
20. Urban road, usually with buildings.
24. Domestic animals, like Mickey or Jerry.
25. Water comes out of it; and In America, it's called a "faucet".
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical crossword, Travel crossword , Food crossword and more
Visit About-Britain.com UK online shopping choice.
This document, text & photo, is copyright © Linguapress.com 1999-2020.
It is free to use and print for individual use, or for use by teachers with their classes.
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for distribution.
In schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss France" as the publisher.
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par l'établissement, document à attribuer à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
Click here for the solution (but do the puzzle first!)