English word games - intermediate level
Themed vocabulary crossword -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English
The clues and the answers will help you explore the vocabulary of clothing
Interactive crossword - can be filled in on screen. Put in just one letter per square. To save your result take a screenshot
2. The latest, most appreciated style of clothes.
5. Don't force the zip, ______ broken!
8. Clip used to hold clothing on a washing line.
9. Girls and women may wear them on their legs.
12. There's a hole ___ my pocket.
14. Not synthetic.
16. It looks a bit like a skirt but men wear it in Scotland
18. Common form of clothing worn by women.
20. Collective word for clothes worn next to the skin (e.g.vest, pants).
1. Worn round the neck, usually by men.
3. The type of man
wear 16 across.
4. An _______coat is a big heavy winter coat.
6. Garment worn by most men and some women.
7. Trousers that do not come as far as the knee.
10. Expensive thread produced by a small worm.
11. To put ___ clothes.
13. To be the same, or to go well together.
15. Worn by people in the kitchen.
17. If you have the right ________, you may get the right answer.
19. He wore a jacket and tie, ______ a long skirt
Visit the UK online shopping guide on About-Britain.com.
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here for the solution to this puzzle