English word games - intermediate level
Themed vocabulary crossword -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English
The clues and the answers are all about summer holidays and vacation
Interactive crossword - can be filled in on screen. Put in just one letter per square. To save your result take a screenshot
Something one does in the sea in summer.
3. August is one.
5. You might lie on it on the beach, or dry yourself with it.
7. Is July a summer month in Australia?
8. We often leave them open in summer
11. The best part of the summer, for most people.
14. Your clothes look smarter if you do this to them.
15. Equipment, or something for you to build yourself.
17. It is longest in late June in the northern hemisphere.
20. You will feel this way at the end of summer, if you've had a rest.
23. Something we often do with time, when we're on holiday.
24. To travel round and visit lots of places
CLUES DOWN1. We like to have it on holiday.
2. To cut the grass, use a lawn ___er
4. Type of place we often like to get away from in summer.
6. Surfers like it strong, sunbathers don't.
9. Popular holiday direction in summer.
10. They make gardens pretty in summer.
12. He does good business in summer: a travel-.........
13. Do it on water in summer, on snow in winter.
18. Children may fish with one.
19. To ..... a tan means to become brown in the sun.
21. Can you ..... this crossword?
22. Often follows "either".
Visit the UK online shopping guide on About-Britain.com.
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine
More intermediate English crosswords : ► Music crossword, Animal crossword, and more crosswords
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here for the solution to this puzzle