level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
- thematic vocabulary EFL resource
Expand your vocabulary - a thematic crossword for students of English
as a foreign language, or
English as a second language. You should know much, but not
all, of the vocabulary required for this crossword, so you may need to
use a dictionary.
6 A book to help you communicate in your own language or a
8 The part of a page where people usually begin reading.
10. These are used to record still or moving images.
12. You need to ______ a language if you want to communicate in it.
13. Large sheet of paper, often pictorial, used for advertising.
15. What reporters write.
17. _______ - optic cables carry a lot more information than copper
19. Computer information is transmitted at speeds measured in bits ____
20. Cost paid to a consultant for his services.
21. They often write their names on the backs of envelopes
23. Preposition that precedes
an author’s name.
24. Single small advertisement.
25. Fiction, tales?
2. Cinemas have them, so do televisions.
3. News that everyone is talking about is _____ news.
4. This machine is still used by professionals to record sounds, but is
no longer used in everyday life.
5. Every secretary used to have one.
7. American Broadcasting Corporation.
9. Technology used in professional or office printers.
11. Make a sound louder.
14. Say again.
16. Write with one of these.
18. If you receive a letter, you usually _______ it.
22. Communication sent out by the Titanic after she
hit the iceberg.
online at British stores that deliver throughout Europe or worldwide.
Visit About-Britain.com UK
More thematic crosswords : ► Medical
, Travel crossword
This document, text & photo, is copyright ©
It is free
to use and print
for individual use, or for use by
teachers with their
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)