Advanced level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
English proverbs - interactive quiz
Sixteen English proverbs
are 16 well-known English proverbs; but for each one, there are three
or four options for one of the key words or expressions.
correct ? Select the right word or phrase from the dropdown
You'll find a link to the answers and explanations below.
To save your answers,
select and copy to a text document or save as a screenshot.
- Don’t count your chickens before they’re .
- People who live in glass houses shouldn’t .
- Where there’s a will there’s a .
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the .
- You can’t tell a book by its .
- Don’t put all your eggs in one .
- Better safe than .
- Necessity is the mother of .
- The early bird catches the .
- A watched pot never .
- An apple a day keeps the away
- A bad workman always blames .
- A miss is as good as a .
- Empty barrels make most .
- Too many cooks spoil the .
- A rolling stone gathers no .
Can you explain the meaning of these proverbs in simple ordinary English?
► Answers and explanations: click here
Free to view, free to share, free to use in class, free to print, but not free to copy..
In schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level resources should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapress France" as the publisher.
Copyright by Linguapress.
If you like this page and want to share it with others, just share a link, don't copy.