English word games - intermediate level
Themed vocabulary crossword -A themed vocabulary crossword for intermediate level students of English as a foreign language (EFL), or English as a second language (ESL). Most of the words in this crossword have something to do with communications.
Interactive crossword - can be filled in on screen. Put in just one letter per square. To save your result take a screenshot
7. Paper container for written message
11. Person whose job is to answer the phone.
12. Collection of names.
13. Old type of written message, transmitted by phone, delivered on paper.
15. Singular of "were"
17. Expression of agreement.
18. Packages, boxes sent by post
CLUES DOWN1. Done up with string.
2. Holds, retains
3. Entrance, or exit.
4. Come together at the same time and place
5. You'll need this in order to send a letter or an email.
8. Use them to speak with.
9. It is written on paper and sent by post..
10. They communicate printed news, and are usually daily or weekly.
13. Same as 1 across.
14. What the postman delivers.
16. If you don't know the number, look it ......!.
Visit the UK online shopping guide on About-Britain.com.
This resource is © copyright Linguapress. Updated from a resource originally published in Freeway, the Intermediate level English newsmagazine
More intermediate English crosswords : ► Music crossword, Animal crossword, and more crosswords
Conditions of use:
Printing : on most devices this page will print correctly with the whole crossword grid on one page. On some browsers and from some devices, the crossword grid may be half on one page, half on another. To avoid this, either take a screenshot of the grid and paste it to a new document, or change the zoom value and/or page orientation from portrait to landscape.
YOU CAN... Print this resource for personal use; Teachers can make multiple prints of this resource for classroom use with their students.
YOU CANNOT.... copy this crossword to any other printed document nor to any other website (including school websites) This is pointless, since this page is both interactive and freely accessible to all - worldwide. If you want others to see this resource, just link to this page.
TEACHERS: Click here for the solution to this puzzle