level EFL resources: word games and crosswords
In Britain, it is said, the main subject of conversation is "the
weather". And it's a pretty common subject of conversation in the USA
and many other countries too. So make sure that you can join in the
conversation when you
go to Britain, or meet people from Britain. You'll probably need a
dictionary or the Internet to help you find some of the answers
1. A white covering on the ground, which is not snow
3. They blow.
5 El Niño affects ____________ conditions
over a large part of the world .
10. A violent and noisy meteorological event
12. It ________ so heavily that the road was flooded
13. To rain very hard.
14. Sudden short burst of wind.
16. In summer most people prefer this kind of
18. A prediction of the weather for the coming day or days.
19. The rain falls out of it.
2. A measurement of heat.
3. More than just humid.
4. More than just warmth.
6. It gets hotter faster than the sea does .
7. A visible mass of water vapour in the sky.
8. (A measure of) dampness..
9. Short periods of rain
11. It provides us with light in the daytime.
13. To rain very hard (but not the same as 13 across)
15. The melting of snow.
16. People wear them when no.11 is too strong
17. You cannot see very far through this
This document is copyright © Linguapress 2015.renewed 2022
It may not be reproduced on other websites or in print form for
It may be printed for individual use, or for use by teachers with their
schools declaring the source of copied materials to a national
copyright agency, Linguapress advanced level crosswords and resources
should be attributed to "Spectrum" as the source and "Linguapresss
Multicopiage en France: en cas de déclaration CFEDC par
l'établissement, document à attribuer
à "Spectrum", éditeur "Linguapress".
here for the solution
(but do the puzzle first!)